- 1. Make a Donation for #GivingTuesday: Act now and donate towards the causes you care about. Our loyal partner, MAM, has agreed to match all donations dollar-for-dollar now through #GivingTuesday, November 28 – doubling the impact of donors who invest in Shot@Life this holiday season.
On #GivingTuesday, Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have teamed up to match up to $2 million in funds for nonprofits. To have your donation matched, donate through Shot@Life’s Facebook Page. You can make an even greater impact by challenging your friends with your own Facebook Fundraiser for Shot@Life!
- 2. Volunteer your time: Donating your time can always make a difference, but even more this time of year. Check out Volunteer Match to learn more about ways you can use your time for social good. Chose the cause you are most passionate about, and contribute your knowledge. Whether you’re tutoring local teens or spending time walking dogs at your local shelter, you’ll be sure to make a positive impact on those around you.
- 3. Connect with your local food bank or homeless shelter: As it gets colder across the nation, needs for warm clothing and food are on the rise. Contact your local homeless shelter or food bank to ask what is most needed this holiday season. You can find your local food bank at Feeding America, and work towards ensuring everyone in your community has a Thanksgiving meal.
- 4. Visit elderly neighbors: Create memorable moments by engaging with those in your community. Volunteer at your community center or local senior home. Talk, lend a hand, or even help wrap gifts for the holidays. To learn more about volunteering with seniors, check out Create the Good for their guide to engaging with the elderly in your community.
- 5. Support Businesses who are Giving Back: Consider supporting businesses that like you, want to give back this holiday season! Ask your local businesses if they have charitable giving plans or look for products that provide a donation with each purchase. Starting Black Friday through Giving Tuesday, Walgreens is doubling their Get a Shot. Give a Shot. commitment by providing the value of TWO lifesaving vaccines to children in need for every shot administered at Walgreens*. Since it started, this program has helped provide over 20 million vaccines to children around the world. Learn more about this partnership and find a location near you.
Share your impact with us on social media this #GivingTuesday and work to inspire others in your network to follow in your footsteps. Most importantly, have a Happy Thanksgiving!
*From 11/24/17 through 11/28/17, Walgreens will donate $0.44 per vaccine administered to the UN Foundation, up to $35,000.00.