Basically, they are a MAJOR player in saving children’s lives around the world! Here are 5 things you need to know:
- 440 million children have been immunized around the globe thanks to Gavi support.
- Gavi provides access to 11 life-saving vaccines in 73 of the world’s poorest countries.
- Gavi provides vaccines to developing nations at a fraction of the price.
- Thanks to Gavi, and the many partners they bring to the table, global immunization coverage has improved, but the need is still great.
- Gavi partners with the World Health Organization, UNICEF, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, country governments, vaccine manufacturers, and other organizations to offer vaccines to countries at affordable prices.
Shot@Life’s work to support Gavi depends on YOU. The U.S. is one of Gavi’s largest donors; providing funding for Gavi, as well as providing political incentive for other countries to donate to Gavi. Sign this petition to tell President Obama that global childhood vaccines matter to you.