From October 1 to November 12 of 2019, champions across the country took advocacy and fundraising actions to virtually race alongside their fellow Shot@Life advocates and raise awareness for World Polio Day, World Pneumonia Day, and global vaccine programs in general. You can check out the full toolkit from the activation here!
Over six weeks, champions and supporters across all 50 states repeatedly encouraged their members of Congress to support lifesaving childhood immunization programs. During this time, they:
• Held more than 150 Congressional meetings, both in Washington, D.C. and in your home districts;
• Submitted over 30 letters to the editor and helped 15 of those get published in your local newspapers across the country. Check out the full spread of LTE successes on our blog here;
• Sent over 3,800 emails to Congressional offices, covering all 50 states and the territories;
• Made over 300 personal phone calls into offices, over 200 of which were placed on World Polio Day alone;
• Hosted over 30 fundraising and advocacy events, drawing from dozens to hundreds of attendees;
• And tagged your members of Congress in more than 2,000 direct posts on your social media channels. These efforts are in addition to World Polio Day tweets from members themselves — you can check out that list here.