The 2020 Shot@Life Champion Summit took place in Washington, D.C. from Monday, February 24 through Wednesday, February 26. The three-day event brought together over 120 grassroots advocates from across the country to deepen their knowledge of global childhood immunization issues, sharpen their advocacy skills, and lobby their members of Congress on Capitol Hill.
At Summit, champions got to hear from global health experts, Washington policy insiders, Shot@Life team members, and fellow grassroots advocates. Our speakers provided great insight on the power of advocacy to increase vaccine access, strengthen global health programs, and advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Check out more highlights:
- Presentations from:
- Dr. Seth Berkeley, CEO of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance;
- Dr. Chizoba Wonodi, Nigeria Country Director, Johns Hopkins IVAC;
- Rep. Kim Schrier, Congresswoman from Washington State;
- Irene Koek, USAID;
- Jeff McFarland, CDC;
- and many more from the UN Foundation and our network of global health partner organizations.
- Meetings on Capitol Hill with 159 Congressional offices, including 15 member-level engagements – shattering our previous Hill Day records; and
- Interactive workshops on personal storytelling, letter-to-the-editor writing, and the congressional budget process.
Check out the most memorable quotes from Summit on our blog here, and visit our 2020 Summit photo album for more visual highlights!