The 2019 Shot@Life Champion Summit, taking place Monday, February 25 through Wednesday, February 27 in Washington D.C., will bring together over 100 grassroots advocates from across the country to deepen their knowledge about global childhood immunization programs and issues, sharpen their advocacy skills, and meet with members of Congress on Capitol Hill.
We can’t wait for the three days of learning and advocacy with our Champions! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for up-to-date photos, live streamed events, and your chance to take part in summit activities no matter where you are!
Click to Save the Date:
Applications open November 12!
Last year’s highlights include:
- Presentations by:
- Kristin Wells, Senior Director of Government Relations at CARE International
- Jenny Sia, Director of Corporate Responsibility at Pfizer
- Will Schluter, Director of the Global Immunization Division at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Natasha Bilimoria, Director of U.S. Strategy at Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
- Jalaa’ Abdelwahab, Deputy Director of the Global Polio Team at UNICEF
- Orin Levine, Director of Global Development at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Special appearances by Nigeria-born polio survivor and para-Olympian, Dennis Ogbe, and former U.S. Ambassador to Botswana and co-chair of the GPEI’s Global Polio Partners Group, John E. Lange;
- A screening of the documentary film Unseen Enemy that lays out the threat of modern epidemics and suggests what should be done to prevent and fight them;
- Meetings on Capitol Hill with members of Congress and their staff; and
- Interactive workshops with industry professionals on community advocacy, public health, and digital storytelling.
- Click here to see pictures from last year’s Summit.